This morning, Oxatis, Google and SFR are launching a joint initiative: Mon Entreprise En Ligne, the French equivalent of Getting British Businesses Online, which allows any and all small businesses in France to create their website free of charge.
Internet is a proven way to boost the growth of small businesses across the globe. However, only 3 out of every 10 small to medium sized businesses in France have a website to present their company and services.
This initiative to get these small businesses online and help them understand all of the opportunities that Internet has to offer was developed in partnership with Google and SFR, emblematic Internet companies in France, and is supported by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry.
- Oxatis has put forth its expertise to develop the technical platform and site-building tools and hosts all of the websites created through this initiative,
- SFR provides assistance with the use of web technologies via its SFR Pro 1001 service,
- Google proposes its online tools for generating traffic and optimizing visibility (AdWords, Analytics...) and offers 100 Euros to all users registered on meel.fr for their first AdWords ad campaign.
Mon Entreprise En Ligne is an exceptionally open and flexible initiative:
- No subscription required, no long-term obligations
- All information contained in the site belongs entirely to its creator
- Free services for 1 year: system and tools, domain name and hosting are free of charge the first year. They are then provided at 5 Euros Excl. VAT per month.
The Mon Entreprise En Ligne team will be taking to the road on a bus tour of France throughout the month of May to spread the word and get those small businesses online!
Training and seminars, in partnership with local Chambers of Commerce and Industry, will be provided for small businesses, as well as personal (and free!) help and support with creating their website.
The Mon Entreprise en Ligne bus tour will be visiting the following cities:
- Rouen, 09 May 2011
- Lille, 11 May
- Strasbourg, 12 May
- Lyon, 16 and 17 May
- Marseille, 18 May
- Nice, 19 May
- Montpellier, 23 May
- Toulouse, 24 May
- Bordeaux, 25 May
- Nantes, 26 May
- Rennes, 27 May
Franck Cadoret, General Director of SFR, Jean Marc Tassetto, General Director of Google France, and I, hope that a multitude of French SMEs will come out and take advantage of this special opportunity!
For those of you French-speakers out there, feel free to visit the site meel.fr for more details about the project.